Bywong Community Association (Inc) and the Bywong Community
Bywong Community Association is a residents group aimed at strengthening connections between local people in Bywong and acts as a forum for raising and resolving local issues
The Association organises a number of annual events including the biggest, the Bywong Community Car Boot Sale. More information about our events can be located under Events. You can find out more about joining the Association by clicking here and you can send your enquiries here.
Bywong is a locality within the Palerang Shire in southern NSW with a population of 1195 people. Wamboin adjoins Bywong and have a combined population of just over 2850 residents. Bywong is located between Lake George and on both sides of the Federal Highway, about 30 km north-east of Canberra, ACT Australia. Click here for more information about the Bywong locality and history, including a MAP of the area.
Information also available onthe Bywong and Wamboin Facebook group, which we encourage local residents to join.
- Clean Up Australia -Bywong that is! 29th May 2016
- Bywong Car Boot Sale - Sunday 20 March 2016 - was a great event with a buzzing community and lots of buyers for the over 80 stall holders. Many thanks to those committee members who worked so hard! and especially Rick's PA Hire (0466447177) for helping us out on the day- thanks Rick!
- Bywong Community Christmas Drinks: 4th December 6-8pm
- A Celebration of Soils: 16 October 2015: More information here
- Macs Reef Road and Federal Highway Intersection: Outcome of Public meeting August 2015
- AGM August 2015: Outcome
Wamboin Hall is now Bushfire Neighbourhood Safer Place
Recently completed improvements to the Wamboin Community complex on Bingley Way, has enabled the Wamboin Hall to become an registered Neighbourhood Safer Place (NSP). The NSP system included the installation of a 24x7 weather station, recording local weather conditions. Live weather station reports are now available via the "Weather Station" link under the WCA header http://brigade.wamboincommunity.asn.au.
Regular Bywong Community Events 2016
- Clean Up Australia Sunday 29th May 2016
- Trivia Night - Saturday 16th July 2016
- AGM - Monday 8th August 2016
- Christmas Drinks Friday 9th December 2016
You are welcome to attend our Bywong Community meetings which are held on Monday nights every second even month (public holidays excepted) - Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct & December- at 7:30 pm at the Bywong Community Hall, Birrwa Road, Bywong.
The Hall and grounds are Council property and are managed by a committee of Council- the s355 Les Reardon Reserve Committee.
If you would like to find out about hiring the Bywong Hall at the Les Reardon Reserve, please email the Hall Booking Officer . If you are unable to contact the bookings officer, you can phone 62369815.
If you want to see if the Hall is available, you can view availability by clicking HERE for the Bywong Hall and Reserve calendar
Keeping in touch with people locally
- Bywong and Wamboin Hub Facebook Group: 500 members strong, this is the place to go to ask questions & share local information
- Wamboin Noticeboard Facebook Group: 190 members, this is for Wamboin residents and others
- Wamboin Electronic Noticeboard: Yahoo email group
- Sutton Chatter Facebook page
Emergency contact information
|Fire/Police/Ambulance||Dial 000 all hours||Sutton Fire Brigade Duty Officer
YASS SIDE OF BYWONG
|0418 303 232|
|Bungendore Police||6238 1244||Bungendore Medical Centre||6298 9211|
|Queanbeyan Police||6298 0599||Ambulance Bookings||131233|
| Wamboin Fire Brigade Captain
PALERANG SIDE OF BYWONG
|0409 991 340||Bungendore Vet Surgery||6238 1133|
|Updated NSW Fire Incidents||website||Palerang Council||6238 8111|
We would like to thank the following sponsors for their ongoing support:
If you have comments or concerns about this website, please email our webmaster