Bywong community news articles and other local news
(reverse chronological order)
- STRANGLES OUTBREAK IN LOCAL AREA – REMINDER FOR ALL HORSE OWNERS TO VACCINATE
- Due to the current outbreak of strangles in the area it is being strongly recommended that all horse owners ensure that their horses are vaccinated against strangles. Vaccinations are individual injections, pre packaged & measured out, and can be administered by the owner or a vet
- Macs Reef Road Closed from 8th April 2013
- The Macs Reef Road will be closed to through traffic for about 6 weeks starting on 8th April 2013 at 8am, as the Palerang Council rebuilds the road on the hill above Bankers Road. Traffic should divert to Bungendore Road or use the Sutton Road and then Norton Road through to Bywong, Wamboin and beyond.
- NEW LOCAL COUNCIL ELECTED!
- Tuesday 11 September 2012: The results are in and we have 6 new councillors for Palerang and three existing councillors re-elected.
- NEW GREENWAY is now open
- A new greenway link between Warramunga Close and Norton Road was opened on Saturday 25th August. Warramunga Close is at the Southern end of Woolshed Lane bordering Wamboin and Bywong.
- Bywong now 1195 residents strong
- The official ABS census data released on the 21st June shows Bywong population is now 1,195 residents, up 52% fro 785 since the last census in 2006.
- Kings Highway Road Safety Review
- If you would like to see more information about the Kings Highway Road Safety Review or sign up for regular information updates, check the website link below.
- NEW Greenway To Open Soon Linking Warramunga Close to Norton Road in Bywong
- There is a Greenway marked on the Greenways map between the end of Woolshed Lane (now Warramunga Close) and Norton Road. This link is set to open at the end of 2011. There has been some confusion about this issue locally and we agreed to publish a short message from the owners of the Warramunga Close development.