A fabulous time was had at the Bywong Community end of year gathering.
Whilst the weather was wild a few locals ventured to the hall for refreshments and snacks, chatting with others and the announcements of our recent raffle and the WWOW decorating competition.
First up the winners of the WWOW letter box and Gate/fence decorating competitions are:
If you would like to see all the decorations here is a map we created.
Secondly the GGPC and BCA combined Art SHow Raffle was drawn with the following winners:
1. Anne (ph:0427…337) won a dinner voucher at Contentious Character. Prize given on the spot
2. Lyn (ph:62…591) Couldn’t contact her last night. Won a selection of 3 bottles of wine from Contentious Character. Please ring me on 0490 747 358 to arrange prize pick up.
3. Rachel of Gundaroo (ph: 0425…283) Won a dinner voucher at Contentious Character. Will arrange to pick up prize sometime this weekend.
4. L. Shroeder (?) (ph: 623…92) Won a selection of 3 bottles of wine from Contentious Character. Please ring me to organise pick up.
5. Helen (ph: 0427…067) Won a dinner voucher at Contentious Character. Prize picked up on Saturday
6. Heathe (couldn’t quite make the name. ph: 0417…764) Won a selection of 3 bottles of wine from Contentious Character. Couldn’t be contacted but left a message on phone to organise pick up
7. William Crossing (ph: 0438…625) Won the ‘Get your house drawn by JPF prize. Contacted last night.
8. Brigid Cassells (?) Purple ticket F32. Please contact me by email or phone to organise your prize which is the long framed print view of the escarpment.
MANY THANKS TO TONY OF CONTENTIOUS CHARACTER FOR HIS HUGE PRIZE DONATIONS FOR THE RAFFLE
14th December 2018
Annual Christmas Gathering at the Bywong hall, Les Reardon Reserve
The Bywong Community Association’s Annual Christmas Gathering will commence with light refreshments in the Hall (67 Birriwa Rd Bywong).
A selection of festive beverages and nibbles will be provided for all ages, or feel free to bring some food/drink to share.
The evening will include:
- Raffle draw for great prizes of wine/dinner vouchers (donated by Contentious Character Winery) and local artworks (by John-Pierre Favre)
- Presentation to supporters of the Bywong Community Association. A small token of thanks to our biggest supporters for their help in selling our amazing merchandise created by JP, which helps us raise money to hold events and add to the facilities…..one of our latest fundraisers is to look into external table and seating to finalise our playground project.
- Wonderful Women of Wamboin Christmas decorating winners announced (also to be announced at the Wamboin markets on Saturday too)
- There will be some Christmas craft for the younger ones and our fabulous playground, Santa may make a brief visit as well.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Bywong Community Inc (Association) with Wamboin Community Association are proud to support the Wonderful Women of Wamboin’s Christmas Decorating Competition.
There will be two prizes donated by the Community Associations, one for best mailbox and another for best entrance.
Send a photo of your creation, along with your name, address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE is 8pm Sunday 9th December 2018
Gearys Gap Pony Club jumps trailer stollen
Yesterday 18th September Gearys Gap Pony club made the discovery that their horse jumps trailer had been stolen.
Current rego plates are TD03JU and VIN A143 if anyone tries to sell and/or have repaired/inspected.
If you see it please report to Bungendore Police Station on 6238 1244
SATURDAY: TOTAL FIRE BAN. Wamboin Fireworks & Bonfire cancelled. Sorry to disappoint, but the weather conditions are against us all this year.
Come along to the Bywong Hall on Thursday 11th October between 11:30 and 1:30 for Story Time.
The Fairy Godmother and other notable locals will be reading some fabulous picture books, or perhaps a book with no pictures!
Visit the QPRC mobile Library when it arrives between 12:00 noon – 12:45. If your not a library member you can join on the day!
Entry via gold coin donation, to help will hall hire costs.
Bring along your lunch and a cushion. The Bywong Community Inc will also have some refreshments available for a gold coin donation too!
If there is a particular story you would like to hear please comment below.
Please bring a blanket or Yoga mat as we have a concrete floor!
The Bywong Community Inc fundraising post cards of Bungendore are for sale at the Bungendore Community Bank.
The set of six cards have been created by Bywong resident JP Favre and showcase some of the most notable buildings in the town.
A great gift for visitors or something to post overseas to friends and family.
The set of six costs $12.00 and is great value as they come with individual envelopes!
The bank also has some of the “Why I live where I live” cards (also with envelope) and a few of the Bungendore tea towels, which are also available from Foodlovers Market bungendore, for $15.00 per tea towel and $3.00 per card.
These are all great gifts to show people what Bungendore’s historical buildings look like, as well as helping the Bywong Community Inc raise money for events, activities, and infrastructure up in Bywong.
The Bywong Community Inc Annual General Meeting will be held on 9/8/2018 at the Bywong Community Hall at the Les Reardon Reserve, 67 Birriwa Rd, Bywong.
Starting time is 7:30pm
All Committee positions are open and nominations can be made for any position either on the night or send us a message via Facebook or via this webpage.